When you are talking to little people all day long, your brain can start to feel like mush after a while. I have found adding personal growth books into my reading list to be a life and brain saver.
If you’ve followed me on social media, you know by now I’m a big fan of personal growth books. I LOVE them. I am constantly “working” on myself, bettering myself. Working to be a better mom, wife, friend, mompreneur, boss lady and all together better person.
Making time for personal growth
Before we dive into the books list. Let’s chat about the importance of personal development. I am assuming that since you are reading this, you are a lot like me. You have a lot of responsibilities in your life besides just you. You have little people to feed, clothe, guide and love on. You have a home that needs to be cleaned, organized and kept functioning. You have a hubby who also needs to eat, wear clean clothes and not be forgotten in the midst of the crazy. Plus you have schedules to keep, work of your own and probably many other things requiring your time.
As you will read over the next month, self care is extremely important for a mama’s mental and physical health and personal growth falls into that self care category. One of the ways that we can continue to love on those people in our lives, inspire and support those around us is by constantly learning and improving ourselves as well as filling our cup.
>> Busy Mama Tip: I know you are SUPER busy and it’s hard to be able to sit down and read. A rare occurrence over here. Try listening to audiobooks instead! I love, love, love my Audible subscription! I’ve “read” almost all of my books on there this year while folding laundry, doing the dishes, exercising, scrubbing the bathrooms or driving in the car. **Try Audible and get Two FREE Audiobooks today!
* This post contains affiliate links. In plain English, this means that I may receive a small commission (at no cost to you) if you subscribe or purchase something through the links provided. You will never see me post a link to a product or service that I haven’t used myself and love!
Top 20 Personal Growth Books for Mama’s
- Make it Happen by Lara Casey
- Present Over Perfect by Shauna Niequist
- The 10X Rule by Grant Cardone
- You are a Badass by Jen Sincero
- The Five Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
- The Total Money Makeover by Dave Ramsey
- Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert
- Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
- The Miracle Morning by Hal Elrod
- Your Best Yes by Lysa TerKeurst
- The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren
- Essentialism by Greg McKeown
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Convey
- Time Management Mama by Sarah Korhnak and Beth Anne Schwamberger
- You’re Made for God-sized Dreams by Holley Gerth
- Year of Yes by Shondra Rhimes
- Give Them Grace by Elyse M Fitzpatrick
- Money Making Mom by Crystal Paine
- Living Well, Spending Less by Ruth Soukup
What are some of the personal growth books that have made an impact in your life? I’d love to add them to my reading list!!
Join our family, become an insider!
Want more of what you read today sent to your inbox? Join us in this journey through motherhood, it's hard work and it takes a village to raise these precious littles that were given to us. Let us be that village! Plus - get some awesome freebies!