Wow is this summer going by so quickly already! And boy is it kicking my butt! I have been striving to have an intentional summer and while most of what I have been doing has been intentional, it’s still been a bit crazy. I will keep working on that crazy part…
As usual, we are already finishing up the first week in July and I am way behind on this whole blog thing. Being a stay at home mom and trying to keep up with a growing business is no joke!
Business has been crazy busy and June was a big month with so many great achievements for me. It was the first month that I brought in over $2,000 in one month – it may seem little to you, but for my little shop it’s great! Sebastian is finally fully potty trained, it has been an interesting adventure – but more on that later. I wrote my first paid sponsored post and it went really well and was one of my better written pieces. I am proud of myself for putting myself out there, it was a lot of fun and well worth it. And last but surely not least, Sterling decided it was time to finally walk! So now I have two tot’s running in opposite directions every day! Yay!
Let’s recap last months goals. I’m sure as usual I set way too many goals, way too high to reach. I’m short – that’s expected. (My husband calls it “little people’s syndrome”.)
- Finish the two books I started last month – what were they again? Oh yea, definitely didn’t achieve this one.
- Blog Storm course – start it, since it’s already the middle of June, I know I won’t finish it this month. – nope, didn’t start it, probably won’t until I’ve finished the copywriting course I am currently taking. My brain can’t take more information.
Finish summer rompers and headbands and list in shop(ok, rompers aren’t in the shop, but we did launch the Classy Wraps – yay!)
- Write a consistent email newsletter every week – yup, again, nope.
- Blog twice a week – man, I’m starting to question what I actually did all of June.
- All stock added to Amazon shop – this isn’t going to happen until I have a bunch of extra time or someone to do it for me.
Finish the one book I still haven’t finished from last month Get up early every morning Gym 3 times a week (or at least a workout) – chasing two running boys counts right?! Sebastian fully potty trained Keep on top of the house and keep my priorities in order Be more hands free and give boys more of my undivided attention Drink 55 oz of water a day
Well at least I accomplished my personal goals. I was a bit busy fulfilling orders to do much else business wise.
- $1,250 in sales this month
- Opt-in made and promoted
- Successful day at MommyConn
- Move my shop off Shopify and onto it’s own site (yay!)
- Three review boxes sent out that were supposed to be sent out last month
- 100 new email subscribers
- Not work during play, relax, husband hours – define boundaries
- Hands free, quality, face-to-face time with the boys
- More adventures
- No more soda – water, water, water and the occasional glass of wine!
- Keep on top of the house – I was better last month, this month I gotta keep on it
Why am I sharing my goals with you? For accountability. I am a firm believer in “progress, not perfection” and lots and lots of grace! Although I do not always meet my goals, knowing that I put them out here for all of you to read gives me that extra push to get some of these tough things done!
This month I also started using Lara Casey’s Power Sheets. If you haven’t heard of them, click the link and check them out. They are amazing at breaking down your dreams, giving you some direction and helping you make progress. So I can’t wait to share that progress with you next month!
Do you make monthly goals? How do you manage your time? Have you made your July Goals yet? If so, I’d love for you to comment below and share them with me!
Join our family, become an insider!
Want more of what you read today sent to your inbox? Join us in this journey through motherhood, it's hard work and it takes a village to raise these precious littles that were given to us. Let us be that village! Plus - get some awesome freebies!