2015 My Year in Review
Time well spent:
- Putting myself out there and going beyond my comfort zone.
- Continuing to try over and over again until I got it right.
- This was a year of my passion awakening. I went into the year with a brand new etsy shop, small blog and a desire to see them both grow. I’d say that the time I put into following that passion was time well spent.
Money well spent:
- Flourish Membership – it has given me the information to take my shop and business to the next step, from hobby to business. It has also given me an encouraging community of like minded creatives.
- Christian Bloggers Bootcamp – it helped me to get over some of my road block in expanding my blog and brand, but most of all it helped me define my why and my mission and vision statement.
- Audible – I find myself very hungry for information but lacking the time to just sit and read. Audible has allowed me to continue to learn and read while doing other tasks. The first book I listened to was Make It Happen by Laura Casey and it gave me the kick start I needed to figure out my passion.
Felt successful about 2015:
- 100 orders in my shop
- Brought in $2k in sales
- Personally, emotionally and spiritually it was my biggest year of growth
- I tried to be authentic and real show that life is hard but that God is good
My biggest challenge of 2015:
- Figuring out my niche and figuring out how and where and what to start. It was a year of discovery, and quite frankly a year of a lot of being overwhelmed. I felt like I awake a creative side in me and trying to tame it and organize it was a HUGE challenge.
What I’d change about how I handled 2015:
- Not to do the “daily scramble”, plan my days and my projects and not try to do it all every day.
- Keep track of expenses, stats, orders, monthly totals and income – would have made taxes a lot easier
- Not charging my supplies. I had hopes of paying off before interest, but I should know myself better than that.
- The daily scramble – not planning ahead and winging each day.
- Spending too much time on Facebook
- Lack of planning and handling finances
- Saying Yes to everything – too much
What I learned about myself:
- I am capable
- I can sew
- I don’t need as much sleep as I once thought (Ha!)
- I LOVE coffee
- I tend to be negative and downplay good things in my life in order the stay real, grounded and honest
- I need to slow down and enjoy the little moments
Join our family, become an insider!
Want more of what you read today sent to your inbox? Join us in this journey through motherhood, it's hard work and it takes a village to raise these precious littles that were given to us. Let us be that village! Plus - get some awesome freebies!